- Home Page
Business License Application
- To do business in the Town of Cave Creek*, you must have a Cave Creek Business License (per Ordinance 2004-16).
- Business Licenses are renewed online annually on December 31 of each year. You will receive an email reminder. If you did not receive an email reminder or need the renewal notice resent please contact our office at 480-488-1400 or via email.
- If you’re doing business for three days or fewer, you may apply for a Temporary Business License. The fee is $10.00 per day for up to three days, per event.
- For those doing business for more than three days, an Annual Business License is required. The fee for an Annual Business License is $50.00.
*Please be aware that not all areas with a Cave Creek mailing address are within town boundaries (PDF). Please verify that you need a Cave Creek Business License before applying. Business licenses are non-refundable.
Peddler / Solicitor License Application
If you wish to request a Peddler / Solicitor License, please fill out the application (PDF). Please also be sure your company has a current business license (see above). Incomplete applications will not be processed.
The Town of Cave Creek passed a special event ordinance (PDF), effective December 3, 2009, that will affect the special event application process. You will need to apply for a special event permit for the following:
- Temporary uses or activities that include outdoor retail sales or display of goods or temporary structures when located on private commercial property involving more than 10 vendors, or;
- If the event requires off-site parking
The fee for special event applications is $100 per Resolution R2009-19. This fee applies to profit or non-profit status applicants.
Looking for a cost effective way to advertise your event in the Town core? The Town has banner space available in the medians of Cave Creek Road and Carefree Highway. Contact Bambi Muller (480-488-6609) or Patty Pollnow for more information.
Fees - Per Pole and Per Event
|Banner Location||For Profit||Non-Profit|
|Cave Creek Road||700.00||350.00|
Right-of-Way Sign Permit Form and Information
At its meeting on January 21, 2020, The Town Council adopted Ordinance O2019-02 which amended the Town’s Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 9 Signage, effective February 21, 2020.
Below is a brief synopsis of the sign ordinance as it pertains to Commercial Zones, realtors and garage sales, signs in the Town’s right-of-way along Cave Creek Road and Carefree Highway and special events. Please refer to Chapter 9 of the Zoning Ordinance for the complete
For commercial zones:
• One (1) portable sign is permitted on the property per address, which includes suites/tenants (not within the Town Right-of-Way). If you are not sure where your property boundary is, contact the Town of Cave Creek Planning or Engineering Department or a registered land surveyor. Portable Signs are further addressed in Chapter 9 – Signage, Section 9.4 of the Zoning Ordinance.
• Banners are STILL prohibited unless they are on the building or interior of the property and are not within the parking or landscaped area. For a list of all types of signs that are prohibited by the Town of Cave Creek please refer to the Zoning Ordinance Chapter 9 – Signage, Section 9.1.D. Prohibited Signs.
For Realtors and Garage Sales:
• Non-permanent signs may be placed within Town Rights-of-Way classified as a minor collector or a local road, (which are all streets other than Carefree Highway and Cave Creek Road), and do not require a permit as long as they are not placed in a travel lane, median or driveway. Also, the sign cannot exceed three (3) feet in height or six (6)-square-feet in area, and it cannot be displayed for more than 48 consecutive hours.
Signs Proposed Within the Town’s Right-of-Way along Cave Creek Road or Carefree Highway:
• A Right-of-Way Permit is required for a sign proposed to be placed within the Town’s right-of- way along Carefree Highway or Cave Creek Road. Right-of-Way permitting is covered in Chapter 93, Section 93.16 of the Town Code. Each applicant is limited to four permits for placement of signs in the right-of-way, the duration of which may not exceed 10 days per application. A Right-of-Way Permit application (PDF) is available.
For Special Events:
• The Town Code was updated to allow for signage used in conjunction with a special event, including revisions that better clarify the definition of a special event and streamline the application process. Additional revisions to the Special Event Chapter can be found in the Town Code Chapter 114.
If you have any questions regarding signage, please contact the Planning Department, Luke Kautzman, at (480) 488-6633 or by email.
Please contact your accountant or the Arizona Department of Revenue for any tax questions or for more information on obtaining your appropriate tax I.D. numbers.