Social Networking Policy
The purpose of official Town social media sites is to present matters of public interest to its residents, businesses and visitors in the Town of Cave Creek, Arizona. These sites are monitored, limited public forums, and are not intended to be the official sources of information for the Town of Cave Creek. The source for official information is the Town’s website.
Cave Creek recognizes social media is a 24/7 medium and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage our staff resources, and your tax dollars, the Town generally only monitors comments and posts during its regular business hours. The Town expects individuals to maintain an acceptable degree of civility. Once posted, the Town reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and comments.
Comments posted to these pages will be monitored, and the Town of Cave Creek reserves the right to remove inappropriate posts and comments, including, but not limited to those that:
- Contain obscene language or sexual content
- Promote commercial services or products
- Promote illegal activity
- Contain personal attacks, including language threatening or defaming any person, organization, or ethnic or religious group
- Support or oppose political candidates or ballot propositions
- Support or oppose particular services or products
- Contain spam or link to other sites
- Digress from the topic/s being discussed
- Violate the legal ownership interest of another party, or infringe on copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property
- Contain personally identifiable medical or financial information
- Contain information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of town personnel, officers and officials, public systems or any criminal or civil investigations
Town of Cave Creek employees and public officers (such as board or commission members) are reminded that their contributions to social media sites may be considered government speech rather than private speech and may be governed by Arizona and federal laws such as Arizona Open Meetings Law or federal elections and campaign laws.
Therefore, to the extent the social media contribution is government speech, all Town employees and public officers are responsible for following the same rules, regulations and policies that apply to any other form of government/municipality expression and public document.
Please be aware that users of this site do not retain any rights over their postings. Postings are intended for public view, and any personal information posted constitutes a waiver of any rights to ownership, privacy or confidentiality. Postings are also subject to public records laws, meaning any information you include in your comments, including name and email address, may be released through a formal public records request to the media, a business, or any other person or entity. Therefore, before you comment on any official Town of Cave Creek social media site, you should understand your posting is neither private nor confidential.
The comments expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of the Town of Cave Creek, its officials, officers or its employees.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the operation of any of the Town of Cave Creek’s social media sites, or specific questions about the Town of Cave Creek government, please email the Cave Creek Communications Office.