- Doing Business in Cave Creek
Doing Business in Cave Creek
Business License Application
- To do business in the Town of Cave Creek*, you must have a Cave Creek Business License (per Ordinance 2004-16).
- Business Licenses are renewed online annually on December 31 of each year. You will receive an email reminder. If you did not receive an email reminder or need the renewal notice resent please contact our office at 480-488-1400.
- For any person, corporation or partnership based within the Town limits carrying on any trade, business, calling, profession or occupation, or any contractor conducting business within the Town limits, an Annual Business License is required. The fee for an Annual Business License is $50.00.
- For Special Events up to three (3) days: For three days or fewer, you may apply for a Temporary Business License. The fee is $10.00 per day for up to three days, per event.
*Please be aware that not all areas with a Cave Creek mailing address are within town boundaries (PDF). Please verify that you need a Cave Creek Business License before applying. Business licenses are non-refundable.
If you wish to request a Peddler / Solicitor License, please fill out the application (PDF). Please also be sure your company has a current business license (see above). Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Ordinance No. O2019-06 Adopted January 21, 2019 and Effective February 20, 2020 Amended Town Code Chapter 114: Special Events providing for a procedure for issuance of a Special Event Permit. A Special Event Permit is required if the event meets at least one of the following conditions:
- The event requires off-site parking and/or displaces on-site parking, such as when the parking area, or a portion thereof, is being utilized for purposes other than parking; or;
- The event is located upon or uses any part of public property, including Town Right of Way or private easements dedicated for public use.