Current Fire Danger
Current National Fire Rating: Extreme
Click here to see the National Fire Danger Rating system and definitions.
Current Fire Restriction:
Click here for a Description of Stage I and Stage II Fire Restrictions
Per Town Code, Stage 2 restrictions shall include the following restrictions in addition to those found in Stage 1 and shall be implemented any time the Fire Danger Level of the Town is set to “Extreme”:
1. No smoking outside of vehicles, outside of residential yards or outside of
designated smoking areas.
2. No spark generating activities outside of an enclosed building without first obtaining a permit from the Town of Cave Creek. Spark generating activities to include but not be limited to:
- Cutting Steel
3. All current building permits must call for and pass an inspection of the area prior to undertaking any spark generating activities outside of an enclosed structure. Spark generating activities include but are not limited to:
- Cutting Steel
4. All spark generating activities shall be prohibited during days declared to have a red flag warning for the area.
5. The use of model rockets is prohibited.
6. The use of Fireworks and other Pyrotechnic displays is prohibited.
7. The use of flame in any outside area such as flame based weed removal is prohibited.
8. Wood Burning for Cooking, Warming or Campfires or the use of charcoal in all areas is prohibited.
9. The use of Tiki Torches or other devices that emit a flame is prohibited.
Per Town Code, Stage 1 restrictions include (but are not limited to):
Sign up for CodeRED Fire and Weather Emergency Alerts.
Link to CodeRED by clicking here.
For the Town of Cave Creek’s Fire Safety Resources visit